Nix Hydra Games is seeking a UI/UX artist to join our team! The qualifying person will be a key member for two teams. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working with small teams and being in a productive and collaborative work environment.
We expect everyone on the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft.
The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
UI Artists will:
- Concept, wire frame, flesh out, and polish front end and in-game interfaces
- Create animations, transitions, and effects with After Effects, Flash, Photoshop (or equivalent) to be used in game or as reference to programmers.
- Generate game ready assets from source that adhere to strict development guidelines.
- Be familiar with general optimization and exporting guidelines
- Be an expert with mobile UI patterns, and follow current trends in game and application interfaces.
- Be knowledgeable of common usability guidelines, and always have the player's experience in mind when designing.
- Be able to match different artistic styles while being able to also contribute your own unique vision
- We expect artists we hire to be versatile, open minded, and communicative. You will be working closely with artists, designers and programmers, and should be familiar with all areas of game development. You don’t have to be a designer, an audio engineer, or a programmer; you just have to be able to work and communicate with them.
- Be able to take constructive criticism and know how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.
- 5+ years of relevant schooling/experience OR
- 2+ year of professional UI/UX design and digital art experience.
- Photoshop fluency
- Illustrator skill
- Flash skill
- After Effects (or equivalent) skill
- Experience with Axure or equivalent prototyping software
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com.