Nix Hydra is seeking a mid to senior level programmer to join our team. The qualifying person will be a key member on one of two project teams. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment.
If you are a genuine person who shies away from corporate fluff, politics and big talking, you will be happy here with us.
We expect everyone on the team to be competent, proactive, dedicated and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
- This position requires networking experience.
- Write code to make awesome games and work with other people in doing so.
- We expect anyone we hire to be diverse and handle all areas of game development (even if you aren’t a master at them): physics, AI, UI, rendering, networking,etc. You won’t get pigeonholed into being the “audio person” or “3D rendering pipeline person” here.
- Think ahead about what you’re going to be building, and how it interacts with everything else that is being built to work effectively with the rest of your team.
- 6+ years of game development experience
- 1+ years of mobile game development experience
- Expertise writing and debugging C++, C# or Java
- Shipped at least 3 games in a team environment as a Programmer or Software Engineer.
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- Shipped a game using Unity
- Experience with multiplayer networking
- 3+ years of mobile game development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing applications to run on low-end systems
- Experience with the Corona SDK
- Experience working with AWS services
- Experience with Bash scripting
Here are some of the perks you’ll be enjoying at Nix Hydra:
- 4 day work week, if you so choose. You may choose to take Mondays off and work 10 hours per day Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Flexible vacations. Just don’t let your team down - give everyone a proper heads up, and be considerate of deadlines.
- Health insurance including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic.
- Stock options to ensure you share in the success of the company!
- A helpful & collaborative team. Work with people who love what they do and are happy to pitch in with ideas.
- Game and crafts nights.
- Dog friendly office (complete with many free roaming dogs).
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.