Nix Hydra is seeking an IT Consultant to help our company and team. This will be a contract position working to organize our systems and manage our IT needs.
You should be very experienced with all things IT, setting up systems from the ground up, and managing/organizing company IT needs.
Here at Nix Hydra, we shy away from corporate fluff, big talkers, and people who aren’t 110% dedicated to what they do. We expect everyone working with the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Maintain, optimize, secure and set proper permissions for our internal server
- Maintain and setup repositories, Wiki, & Samba or similar applications or technologies.
- Organize server room, ethernet cables, port numbers and assign manual IP addresses to machines
- Clean out and remove unused data / user profiles on our external host/ftp
- Work with our Office Operations Manager to maintain all equipment, software, subscription, & license logs for auditing purposes
- Create a logging/auditing system for all company electronics
- Set up a virtual private network that the team can connect to while outside of work
- Ensure company is in compliance with software, licenses & usage rights
- Setup and maintain an on site and off site backup system for our internal server
- Organize our email account system and backup data for inactive email accounts
- Research and provide better IT solutions
- Working with Amazon Web Services, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Troubleshooting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redshift, DynamoDB, and internal server
- Assess scalability needs for AWS and other services to keep costs down
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and app deployment for iOS, Google Play and Amazon
- Familiarity with developer accounts for Apple, Google Play & Amazon
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.